Marathon District Museum brought the Peninsula back to Marathon. The Peninsula is a tug boat, originally built for the war effort and was launch in November 29 1943 in Montreal, Quebec. The boat was used to tow damage ships so they could be salvaged. The Peninsula was sold to the Marathon Paper Mill on March 22, 1946. The Marathon Paper Mill company used the tug boat to tow the log booms from the mouth of the Pic River to Marathon's harbour.